Wednesday 9 February 2011

Swimming After Surgery

Swimming After Surgery has certainly kept me busy this week.  Promoting it on Monday night with Bosum Buddies a breast cancer support group was a good experience.

Tonight I have been to the Swimming After Surgery session.  This was really good for me as I have been working on my own fears in the water.

Now I can do handstands, surface dives (didn't even realise I was able to do those), swim underwater and through hoops.

I do have a bad habit of my behind being stuck up in the air so the coach suggested I try sitting on the bottom of the pool.  If I had been asked to do this a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have even attempted it.

I am learning various things not only with my own swimming but how to put what I am learning on my Level 1 course into practise.

I love swimming and I love the journey it is taking me on.  It isn't all easy but I am learning a lot.

Best wishes
Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment