Thursday 17 February 2011

Progress

Last night was another session of Swimming After Surgery. 

Little did I know how much benefit this project would have.  One lady had almost become a recluse with a fear of going out since her surgery.  Sewing the seed of the idea of the project to her a couple of weeks ago had meant she chose to come along earlier rather than later.

I was so pleased to see the improvement within an hour.  I tied a woggle into a knot with two ends outside of the knot and held each in my hands.  Off I set playing at being a motorbike.  I passed her the tied woggle and off she set walking across the pool holding it. 

To make her laugh I grabbed another woggle stuck it between my legs and swam this is referred to as being a seahorse.

Because I was playing around and not caring how I looked this broke the ice and things really got moving.

I then asked the coach if she could teach me diving.  The coach was more than willing to help with this.  Unfortunately when I was attempting the dive fear took over but instead of giving up.  I decided I would attempt jumping in.  This worked.

I am not going to give up on trying to dive I will just try harder next time but not to such an extent that I get anxious about it. 

I know I can surface dive and last night I managed to dive right to the bottom of the deep end.

This journey is certainly encouraging and is uplifting. 

Best wishes

Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment