Monday 17 May 2010

Practice

Well I did a trial run last night ready for the sponsored swim. I hit the water at 5.05 pm and eventually got out of the pool at 6.55 pm.

Just over the hour I had completed 62 lengths. This was the time my mind had started to wander and I hadn't realised I was day dreaming. Not having anyone around me at the time to keep me going I spluttered when water went into my mouth and I realised I was meant to be swimming in the deep end. This shook me to reality and I continued my swim.

By the time I got out of the pool I had completed 102 lengths. A friend who was with me wondered if I would be able to stand up as when he had done his first mile his legs felt like jelly.

I took the initial steps out of the pool and was delighted I could walk in my normal manner back to the changing room.

I just hope next week goes smoothly and I achieve my goal.

I will keep you posted as to progress so far sponsorship raised is well over £100.

Best wishes

Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment