Monday 7 November 2011

Training Day

I had a wonderful day yesterday doing CPD training thanks to the ASA (Amateur Swimming Association) at Kingswinford. 

I travelled with a colleague from the swimming club I teach at.  We were so glad my husband was driving as the fog was so thick the satnav couldn't work.  We were in the middle of Wolverhampton when we realised we were lost.  At that point the satnav came back to life and we made it safely to our destination.

It was lovely to see old friends/acquaintances and make new ones.  While I was talking to new acquaintances my colleague said "It's you".  "What's me?"  I replied.


Your Story is in that leaflet (see pic) I was completely shocked. 

We then headed off to our workshops for the morning.

It was lovely to see so many people representing Shropshire at the training day.  It was such a worthwhile day and I learnt so much.

A lot of the information I can use not only at the swimming club but also Ican2 Sports and Leisure for dealing with all sorts of disabilities.

The most important thing to remember is not to shout at children with disabilities so play acting is the way round this.  I must remember to put on an angry face by putting my hands on my hips and blowing out my cheeks.  This way the child will know they have done something wrong.  I will then have to patiently explain what they have done wrong and help them correct their behaviour. 

It is difficult not being a parent myself but I am definitely going to have to learn patience.  It all comes with experience and I know I will not be alone on this journey.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Best wishes

Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment