Monday 21 March 2011

An update

Finally I have managed to complete the theory of my Level 1 Teaching Aquatics Course.

I had my final practial assessment yesterday and this went well.  I learnt a lot and know I have lots more to learn.  As the tutor said every day is a school day.

I won't know the results for approximately 3 months so the waiting game is ahead.  I just have to be patient and hope that all my hard work has been worth it.  I am sure it has but will not know for sure until the IV informs the tutor that we met their standards.

Does this mean I put the two lever arch files into a corner and forget about them?

No.  I am going to be undertaking another course in April for which I will need the knowledge I have learnt from this course in order to pass that.

There is no resting on my laurels I am fully aware there is lots more to learn and lots more to achieve.

On Friday night at the swimming club I had to assess three swimmers from the group I help out with.  This was a challenge in itself for me.  I looked at what they had to do and wondered how I could explain what I wanted but make it fun too so that they didn't get bored with what I was trying to achieve with them.  I managed it.  At the end of the assessment they came and hugged me in their wet swimming costumes.  I didn't mind in the least as I seem to get very hot on poolside and the wetness cools me down.  Other staff don't seem to like this very much and the children become aware of who makes a fuss and who doesn't. 

The three swimmers will be moving up to the next group in swimming but I know I will be able to see them progress with their swimming as the time goes on as I help out with another group later in the evening and eventually they will be trained there.

I just hope I can achieve everything I want to achieve and also make progress.

It is just the waiting game now to find out how well I have done with my training.

Best wishes to everyone.

Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment